Wednesday 30 June 2010

A fungi foray

I borrowed books from the library, checked out internet sites, pulled forgotten books off my shelves. This time I was going to get a handle on mosses. We had a few days free to visit our bush block near Heywood, three days to wander the wet forest looking for mosses, of which there are plenty.

So what happened? I got distracted by fungi, that's what. It was everywhere in all its variety and I actually hardly wandered at all because there was so much to see. (And moss is too hard.)


Schizophyllum commune
Discinella terrestris
Lawyers Wig Coprinus comatus (possibly)
Mycena aff. atrata

2 comments:

Snail said...

Looks like it's a good fungi season in your neck of the woods!

Anonymous said...

We all thought you had thrown in the towel as an addicted Blogger, especially after the European saga of daily updates.
We have been forced to wait 33 days, YES 33 DAYS!!!!!!!

Anyway Miss Bushranger, it is obvious your focusing fingers have thawed out after the Scottish Highlands and we are rewarded with your excellent fungal compositions (and identified, albeit with a caveat of "possibly" thrown in.

Keep 'em coming I say. Black sheep of Warrandyte.