Monday 11 July 2011

Geocaching

This one's for Uncle Arthur and cousin Julie. They'll get a laugh out of this because they're geocachers and I said I might have a go at it while I was on holiday.

Most caches are hidden and have to be found using a GPS reference. This one was part of a trail set up by Museum Victoria to commemorate the Burke and Wills anniversary and it's a virtual cache, meaning you just have to be there and take a photo to prove it.

I've discovered that quite a few of the geocache webpages have some very interesting information attached and some follow themes. I could get interested in following the geology-based geocaches. Oh dear! Not another 'interest' - I already haven't got time to do everything I want to.

http://geocaching.com.au/cache/ga2336

1 comment:

Julie said...

Very funny, indeed! Love it. Happy travels.