Thursday 15 September 2011

Old friends

We've been home two weeks and today was the first time I could escape suburbia and head to the bush for a couple of hours. Where to go? It's early spring so something (in the flora world) is happening everywhere but I went to the Inverleigh Flora Reserve. What a delightful place it is. I found several orchids, a greenhood (that's actually a maroonhood) and the rather special Little Golden Moths. I found the tiny Scarlet Sundew. And I found plants that are like old friends - familiar and lovely to see.

Where will I go next week? Choices, choices.

Little Golden Moths Diuris basaltica

[Edit: I've had another think about this ID. It's more likely to be the more common Diuris chryseopsis Golden Moths orchid even though the plants were shorter and more delicate than those I've seen before.]

Maroonhood Pterostylis pedunculata

Scarlet Sundew Drosera glanduligera

Early Nancy (a male, despite the name) Wurmbea dioica

Red Parrot-pea Dillwynia hispida

Hedge Wattle Acacia paradoxa

Creeping Bossiaea Bossiaea prostrata

Blue Squill Chamaescilla corymbosa

No comments: