Sunday 15 March 2015

Lockhart

We chose to stay in the little town of Lockhart rather than the nearby city of Wagga Wagga. It was a good decision. We had no idea what a delightful town it is.

The whole of the main street has a heritage listing and it's no wonder. The buildings are of the art deco era and all have retained their verandah posts. But I'm not showing you those photos because I was more taken with the public art scattered around the town. We only had time to see a few but next time we visit we'll make sure we have time to explore more fully.

'Grazing Horse' by Stuart Taylor
'The Rain Dragon' by Andrew Whitehead
'Click go the Shears' by Stuart Spragg
'Get Round Back' by Stuart Spragg
Oh, alright. One photo of the the street.


2 comments:

macmsue said...

I love the sculptures, hopefully I'll get to see them for myself one day. We've been through Wagga Wagga a few times and had no idea such an interesting place was close by.

Jo Mitchell said...

Love the horse!!!