Monday 14 November 2011

A plant survey (and more)

I was helping with a plant survey on a private property near Bannockburn, west of Geelong, but I might have been a little distracted by the insect life.

Common Jassid Eurymela fenestrata

Caterpillar of the Senecio Moth (on what's left of a Senecio leaf)

White-banded Grass-dart Taractrocera papyria on Pink Bindweed

We found a few special plants amongst the flowering grasses. Now I have to get the microscope out to try and identify said grasses.

Pussy-tails Ptilotus spathulatus

Curved Rice-flower Pimelea curviflora

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was helping with a plant survey on a private near Bannockburn.

I didnt realise there was an ARMY BASE in Bannockburn.
Incidentally what species did you hope to find on the Private...Periwinkle perhaps??