Monday, 26 September 2011

Brisbane Ranges

I went out to the Brisbane Ranges to look for orchids but, although there were lots of other plants flowering (see a selection below), I found very few orchids. I don't know whether I was too early, too late, looking in the wrong spots or the orchids just aren't prolific this year. I'll have to talk to have a chat to some of the 'friends' to find out - their wildflower show is on 9 October.  The only ones I could find were Nodding Greenhoods, Pink Fingers, Wax-lip Orchids and a small patch of Rabbit-ears Thelymitra antennifera.

Rabbit-ears Thelymitra antennifera

Blue Squill Chamaescilla corymbosa, white form

Soft Millotia Millotia tennuifolia

Dwarf Wire-lily Laxmannia orientalis

1 comment:

Denis Wilson said...

Nothing wrong with just afew of THOSE orchids.
Only ever seen that Rabbits Ears Sun Orchid in books.
Lovely plant.
Quality, not quantity.
Cheers
Denis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...